Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Obsessing over this week:

Julian Assange



















Much like the wreck of the Costa Concordia or world hunger, the fact that Julian Assange was holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London was a really big deal until it wasn't. 

Much like the wreck of the Costa Concordia and world hunger, he is definitely still there. Unlike the Costa Concordia or world hunger, he is also running for the Victorian Senate and launching a new search engine called "PLUS D." He also has a sun lamp. 


North Korea















Seriously what is UP with this whole situation? WHAT IS HAPPENING? How does the world deal with a problem like this? And I don't mean the nuclear "threat" because I find the rhetoric about all that to be a bit off. It's a mean truth that we only pay attention to countries like this when they're making bizarre-o threats to other Western countries. I've been thinking a lot about what happens when they stop making threats and, like the Costa Concordia and Julian Assange, we forget all about them for another five years and therefore also forget how poor and oppressed their people are. 
It's just so weird. 
I'm applying for a tourist visa as we speak. And if I get it I'll definitely be deleting this blog post. 


London Grammar



Put that inside you. 


Watergate



















All I do is read conspiracy theories pertaining to American politics. 

I mean actually. Hours of my day. 

I don't know if we've learned anything but All the President's Men was on the other night and I think some really good docu-drama bio-pics are going to come out of this decade too and I fucking love that shit so I'm alright with it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment