Thursday, April 18, 2013

Oh hello.

I'm about to start a seven week teaching prac so naturally I had to Google myself to make sure there was nothing sordid about me on the internet that colleagues or students could ring A Current Affair about, but instead of finding that stuff I just found a really lovely recommendation by a fellow Brisbane writer, Sophie Overett, for my piece Yours and mine from Stilts issue 2. 

"Yours and Mine by Rhiannon Hartley is a short piece of memoir as opposed to a short piece of fiction, but it was so lovely I wanted to rec it anyway. Written for the sex issue of Stilts, a local, Brisbane journal, Yours and Mine covers relationships delicately and frankly, from pubescent boyfriends to falling in love with best friends. It's one of those horribly intimate pieces that resonates more than I generally care to admit, and that's really why it works."

It's really nice to be read and appreciated by people I don't know, especially when they record the experience on their blogs so I can read about it months after the fact. 

You can read more from Sophie's blog here and you can read Yours and mine and the rest of Stilts issue 2 here.


No comments:

Post a Comment