Friday, July 13, 2012

Travel blog part 13.

What was it?
Mongolian tofu and brown rice. 
Where was it from?
Pho Grand, Chinatown NYC. 

How much was it?
$9

Why did you eat this, Rhiannon?
Because the restaurant is across the road from the apartment and apparently really good.

How was it?
The initial experience was one of culinary disappointment because my meal came out full of prawns, which I do not eat because I identify as a herbivore. In hindsight I suspect this may have been my fault, because the waiter asked me if I wanted something which sounded like "shoe," but I assumed was "chilli," and I believe was in fact "shrimp." I suppose the optimistic view of this event would be to say that at least my meal didn't arrive accompanied by a shoe. 

But once the shoe/shrimp situation had been rectified it was a very nice meal. The tofu was that really amazing squidgy kind that you can't even pick up with chopsticks. It was also gigantic and I took the leftovers home and had them for lunch the next day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment