Saturday, July 7, 2012

Travel blog part 5.

What was it?
Rajas (roasted pepper and onion) and hongos (sautéed mushroom) tacos. (+ chips and guacamole, salsa and various Mexican sauces).

Where was it from?
La Superior, Williamsburg - Brooklyn NYC. 

How much was it?
All tacos $2.50 each. 

Why did you eat this, Rhiannon?
Adam and I went to dinner in Brooklyn with Adam's friend Jacob - I'd never been to Brooklyn, so we walked across the Williamsburg Bridge and had dinner at this Mexican place near the river. I ordered these two because they were vegetarian, basically, but also because they were the most pronouncable on the menu. Tourist scum. 

How was it?
Pretty amazing. First of all, I can't get my head around how cheap food is here. There is no way you'd find Mexican this good, this cheap in Australia because there's just not enough competition I guess. Second of all, it was really no bullshit type Mexican food and I really like that the menu said "this is food as it would be served in Mexico, so please do not ask us to add lettuce, sour cream or cheese to our tacos." And the people were nice and gave us lots of chips with our guacamole. If you visit New York you should eat here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment