Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fresh.

Ten things in life that are good:
  1. Re-reading Harry Potter.
  2. Having Harry Potter read to you as you fall asleep.
  3. Bollywood Ishtyle Indian Restaurant in Buranda. I'm slowly working my way through their vegetarian menu and I have yet to order something that isn't absolutely ridiculous. In a good way.
  4. Taking photos.
  5. Saving money you don't actually need. There is something nice about knowing you have it, but not needing to use it yet. Like something exciting is coming but you don't know what it is yet.
  6. Waiting for packages in the mail.
  7. Falling asleep when you're actually tired. I rarely experience this. I was so bad at sleeping when I was a kid that my Nana sent me a Walkman and some relaxation tapes to listen to at night. This was when I was about seven. So I really cherish tiredness when it happens to me.
  8. Owning a ghd. I need not justify this to anyone who also owns one. 
  9. Having a part-time job you actually enjoy. I work in childcare and even though it can be stressful, scary, exhausting and infuriating, it's also incredibly rewarding and challenging. I don't know many uni students with casual jobs that pay well, are relevant to their studies, run by great people and don't produce that vague sense of dread on days one has to work.
  10. Larry. My cat. He's like, cool. 
  11. Rain. OK, I know the title says ten good things, but it just started raining and it sounds and smells amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment